151. HumBugg: Fizz-loss January 30, 2007Posted by Matt Fleming, PsyD in Food and Drink, IdeaSpark*, Product.
Two-liter bottles are cost efficient (typically at $.99 a bottle), yet the soda tends to loose carbonation as it is drunk. Here are some possible solutions to this annoying problem:
However, those two products, though they work, can require many pumps at a time, so here are some other IdeaSparks* (none are perfect):
(1) A cap with a tube and one-way valve to blow in. Due to sanitary issues, this product would be best for individuals and close families. Not good for parties.
(2) Effervescent tablets. For every quarter of empty space, add one tablet, which bubbles and pressurizes the empty space.
(3) Bottles with four quadrants. Access each of quadrants/sections one at a time.
(4) Collapsible bottles. Accordion-style, like in the picture. Make it twist, and with catch mechanisms, to prevent the gas pressure from making the bottle re-expand.