203. Bright Ideas: Innovative Alarm Clocks March 8, 2007Posted by Matt Fleming, PsyD in Product.
These four alarm clocks are designed to get you up and out of bed.
1) The Puzzle Alarm Clock (pictured) is self-explanatory (but I guess I will explain it anyway): when the alarm goes off, the four pieces are ejected into the air. The alarm is only silenced once you find all the pieces and put them back in their places.
Just hope that a piece doesn’t fall behind your night stand, or the entire clock will soon end up in hundreds of pieces across the room. ($52, buy it HERE).
Click on for the other three innovative alarm clocks…
2) The Flying Alarm Clock: this thing will fly around the room and make an annoying buzzing sound until you catch and return it to its base. Buy it HERE ($35, UK only).
3) The Clocky: same idea as the flying one; this one just rolls away, sometimes under your bed, blaring its alarm until you catch it and shut it up.
Buy it HERE ($50).
4) The Sfera Alarm Clock is a prototype only (i.e. not in production). Simple idea: it hangs above your bed, and every time you touch it to hit the snooze button, it rises up a little higher, until you eventually have to get out of your bed to turn it off.
Great idea, but I don’t imagine it would be worth the installation and conspicuousness.
All these ideas can be found at OhGizmo.com.